Archdiocesan Assembly - Information & Registration Forms
Assembly of the Archdiocese of Canada
“Refreshment for the Journey”
July 26-28, 2017
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ: Glory to Jesus Christ!
At the request of His Eminence, Archbishop Irénée, and on behalf of the 2017 Canadian Archdiocesan Assembly Planning Committee, I would like to invite all of you to join us in Edmonton, Alberta, during the week of July 25-28 for our tri-annual Canadian Assembly and Clergy Synaxis. The Synaxis and Assembly will be held in the Sandman Hotel West Edmonton.
The theme for our Assembly this year is “Refreshment for the Journey,” using the words of Isaiah 40:31 as our main text: “Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.”
This week of being refreshed and renewed will consist of:
- Good teaching
- Renewed Friendships
- Joyful worship (“The joy of the Lord is my strength”)
- Relaxing activities
- Opening BBQ on Tuesday evening at St. Herman’s
- Clergy Wive’s Gathering with the Archbishop (Wednesday)
- Wednesday evening Banquet at the beautiful Muttart Conservatory
- Parish Stories of Encouragement and Inspiration
- Friday Tour of the “Holy Land” Parishes (visit our country parishes that St. Tikhon worshiped in)
Please note that the Assembly requires a three-step registration:
- Step 1: Room Reservations at the Sandman Hotel – see separate sheet on how to register
- Step 2: Assembly Registration – for all participants (clergy, delegates, and observers)
- Step 3a: (for Lay Delegates and Observers): Certification Form
- Step 3b: (for Clergy): Synaxis Registration
Send the two forms (registration/certification) to the Archdiocese with cheque.
Book hotel directly.
If you’ve never had a chance to visit Edmonton before, there are a wide variety of attractions for you and your family to enjoy, including West Edmonton Mall, Jurassic Forest, Valley Zoo, Space and Science Center, Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village, etc. Here is a link to the top ten attractions: http://www.10best.com/destinations/canada/edmonton/attractions/best-attractions-activities.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me directly at (780) 288-5347, or email PriestVincent@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you in Edmonton!
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Vincent Lehr and the Assembly Planning Committee
If you have any questions pertaining to the Assembly or require additional information, please contact the Archdiocesan office: firstname.lastname@example.org